Standard Terms and Conditions – Updated September 2022
1. Indicative costs based upon information supplied by the customer and subject to a period of Due Diligence.
2. Implementation/integration costs tbc.
3. Abbey Logistics Group have quoted assuming that TUPE does not apply. However, should TUPE apply we assumed that all employment related costs arising out of TUPE transferees will be covered by the customer.
4. Transport rates are subject to annual review from date of contract commencement date
5. On a monthly basis, the average price of fuel paid by Abbey Logistics Group Limited will form the basis of potential fuel surcharges. The current fuel surcharge mechanism is based on 1% increase in transport rates for every 3p increase in average price paid over and above the base rate current 1.30 ppl. When your account is set up with Abbey Logistics Group Limited you will be advised of the base fuel price at that time.
6. On a monthly basis, the average price of drivers hourly rates will be reviewed by Abbey Logistics Group Limited will form the basis of potential Driver Wage mechanism.
7. All rates include an allowance of 2 hours to load and 2 hours to tip. After which, so long as Abbey Logistics Group Limited are not directly at fault, demurrage will be charged at £55.00 per hour thereafter. Demurrage will be charged in 30 minute increments rounded up to the nearest half hour.
8. Any deliveries made on a weekend will incur a £175 surcharge.
9. Any deliveries made on a UK Bank Holiday will be £245.
10. If a load is to be returned to the collection point whilst en-route to delivery destination for reasons not the fault of Abbey Logistics Group Limited, a charge of 70% of the outgoing delivery rate will be made together with the original delivery charge.
11. In the event a load is ‘diverted’ whilst on route to the planned delivery destination, a charge of £3.40 per mile will be charged for the additional mileage incurred. Minimum charge is £195.00.
12. In the event an order is cancelled (or delivery date is postponed by more than 12 hours from the original delivery time) within 24 hours of the collection time and/or date – a cancellation charge of 90% of the transport rate will be charged to the customer.
13. Rates quoted are inclusive of standard cleaning charges unless agreed otherwise in writing.
14. All orders are accepted subject to availability but must be received in writing at least 48 hours prior to the loading time. Short lead time orders (i.e. less than 48 hours until collection time) may incur a premium depending upon availability.
15. Rates are based on collection day 1 for delivery day 1 or 2. Orders with a wider lead time (working days only) than day 1 for day 2 will incur a tank hire charge of £110 per day for each additional day.
16. In the event a load requires steam heating, the customer must advise in writing what the required temperature is and will be charged £45 per hour steam in increments of half hour.
17. Payment terms are strictly 28 days from the invoice date. Abbey Logistics Group Limited reserve the right to charge interest at 4% above the base rate at Royal Bank of Scotland on any amounts not paid within 28 days of invoice date.
18. Unless requested otherwise, POD’s will be sent with your weekly invoices for you to retain. Copies will not be held on file at Abbey Logistics Group Limited. An electronic POD with signature may be available and downloaded from your QBIS login subject to availability.
19. All are subject to VAT at the current rate.
20. These conditions and the agreement of which they form part shall be construed in accordance with English Law and the Customer hereby submits to the jurisdiction of the English Courts.