Transport Supervisor, Wellingborough
Posted on: 7th December 2021
Transport Supervisor – Wellingborough
The Transport Supervisor is accountable for ensuring the operation is planned and executed in line with customer volume requirements, ensuring a tight control is kept of all resources, whilst adhering to all Driver hours and compliance regulations.
The Transport Supervisor is required to have a broad understanding of logistics, a strong customer focus, excellent communication, and organisational skills.
Shift: 4 on 4 off
Salary: £30,450/annum Company pension
Some Main Duties
- Effectively manage the driver workforce in line with all EU WTD regulations
- Ensure that senior management are advised of any major issues or threats to account stability
- Build strong productive working relationships with driver team and onsite at the customer.
- Responsible for processing all orders, ensuring all amendments, cancellations and changes are completed.
- Responsible for planning all resources in the most cost-effective manner to meet the customer SLA requirements, ensuring all minimum product silo levels are kept at the customer delivery locations.
- Maximise the utilisation of manpower, vehicles, and road tankers to ensure the best cost-effective plan is produced and executed
- Review the plan daily, managing any changes requested by the customer
- Manage and control agency driver usage, ensuring the lowest weekly spend in this area.
- Ensure the plan incorporates the vehicle/tanker maintenance schedule and achieves 100% compliance.
- Manage driver and vehicle compliance, including infringement sign offs, driver and vehicle tachograph downloads and any other areas that require investigation.
- Background in transport planning
- Sound geographical knowledge
- Understanding of how a supply chain operates
- Good working knowledge of customer production process
- The ability to take ownership of issues & workload
- Understand contracted SLA/KPI’s and associated reporting mechanisms
- Knowledge of Driver hours and UK Working Time Directive legislation
- Vehicle compliance understanding
- Operational background in a logistics environment
- History of managing customer relationships
- Good general proactive communicator
- Financial awareness – able to realise cost saving opportunities
- Background in working with internal business systems
- Excellent IT skills (Microsoft packages, TMS systems)
- A good standard of formal education
- International & UK CPC holder (Preferred)
How To Apply
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION PLEASE CALL; 03300 552 855 (option 9)
WORKING AT ABBEY
Abbey Logistics Group is made up of three industry-leading divisions operating at the highest level in their respective fields. Our business is based on exceptional talent and strong values and our people are the key to our success.
We have a proud record of accomplishment for identifying, attracting and developing the best talent in the logistics sector, which has enabled us to continue moving the business forward, growing with existing customers and attracting new business to the group.
The business is growing rapidly. We are now the UK’s largest bulk food powder and liquids logistics provider and have diversified into other markets as our reputation for excellent customer service, best in class operations and our pro-active can-do spirit has spread.
Joining us is an opportunity to challenge yourself and work in a competitive, exciting and highly rewarding industry.
We have created a positive environment and our people thrive on overcoming challenges and exceeding our customers’ expectations.