Transport Supervisor, Wellingborough
Posted on: 21st August 2019
Transport Supervisor Role
- Working from Abbey’s Wellingborough depot focused on bulk flour deliveries
- The Transport Supervisor will report to the Transport Site Manager
- Shift pattern of 4 on 4 off permanent nights
- The position is responsible for ensuring the operation is planned and executed in line with customer volume requirements, ensuring a tight control is kept of all resources. Adhering to all driver hours and compliance regulations.
- Comeptitive Salary
- The person in role is required to have a broad understanding of logistics, a strong customer focus, excellent communication and organisational skills.
- Effectively manage the driver workforce in line with all EU WTD regulations
- Manage the office environment
- Ensure delivery obligations are met (measured by customer satisfaction targets) and reported to the wider business and customer daily
- Ensure that senior management are advised of any major issues or threats to account stability
- Build strong productive working relationships with the customer.
- Promote an excellent customer satisfaction environment through effective problem solving and ownership
- The Transport Supervisor is responsible for processing all orders, ensuring all amendments, cancellations and changes are completed. This also includes updating all associated systems and supporting documentation.
- Responsible for planning all resources in the most cost-effective manner to meet the customer requirements, ensuring all minimum silo levels are kept at the customer delivery locations.
- Maximise the utilisation of assessed manpower, vehicles and tanks to ensure the best cost-effective plan is produced and executed
- Review the plan daily, managing any changes requested by the customer
- Forward resource planning, using the opportunity to move loads to give consistent driver and vehicle utilisation.
- Manage and control agency driver usage, ensuring the lowest weekly spend in the area.
- Drivers shifts must be managed in line with operational workload and customer volume demand.
- Ensure the plan incorporates the vehicle/tank maintenance schedule and achieves 100% compliance.
- Manage driver and vehicle compliance, including infringement sign offs, driver and vehicle tachograph downloads and any other areas that require investigation.
- Monitoring of tank cleaning schedule and all costs associated.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, willingness to work as part of a team
- Outstanding communication and organising skills
- Able to work autonomously yet able to collaborate with a wider team
- Good attention to detail/accuracy
- Methodical and organised approach to work, with the ability to prioritise
- Strong customer focus skills
- Willingness to be flexible and adaptable to change
- Able to persuade and influence colleagues at all levels
- Communicates fluently both orally and in writing
- Ability to adapt in a fast-changing environment
- Background in transport planning
- Sound geographical knowledge
- Understanding of how a supply chain operates
- Good working knowledge of customer production process
- The ability to take ownership of issues & work
- Understand contracted SLA/KPI’s and associated reporting mechanisms
- Vehicle compliance understanding
- Operational logistics background
- History of managing customer relationships
- Good general proactive communicator
- Financial awareness – able to realise cost saving opportunities
- Background in working with internal business systems
- Excellent IT skills (Microsoft packages, TMS systems)
- Previous knowledge of working SHEQ frameworks
- A good standard of formal education
- International & UK CPC holder (Preferred)
If you’re interested in this role, please send your CV to:
WORKING AT ABBEY
Abbey Logistics Group is made up of three industry-leading divisions operating at the highest level in their respective fields. Our business is based on exceptional talent and strong values and our people are the key to our success.
We have a proud record of accomplishment for identifying, attracting and developing the best talent in the logistics sector, which has enabled us to continue moving the business forward, growing with existing customers and attracting new business to the group.
The business is growing rapidly, doubling in size in the last three years. We are now the UK’s largest bulk food powder and liquids logistics provider and have diversified into other markets as our reputation for excellent customer service, best in class operations and our pro-active can-do spirit.
Joining us is an opportunity to challenge yourself and work in a competitive, exciting and highly rewarding industry.
We have created a positive environment and our people thrive on overcoming challenges and exceeding our customers’ expectations.
BEST IN CLASS SAFETY IN TRANSPORT AND LOGISTICS
Every aspect of our operations, from warehousing to road transport is monitored and regularly reviewed by our team of health safety and compliance professionals to ensure the entire supply chain operates safely.
Abbey firmly believes that driver training is key to a safe and compliant operation; every driver undergoes comprehensive equipment and product training and attends regular refresher training.