Transport Planner 4 on, 4 off
Posted on: 22nd May 2023
Primary Purpose of the Role:
As part of the planning team plan, execute the allocation of vehicles, tanks and drivers to cover transport requirements for our customer’s daily requirements across ALG in a safe legal, efficient and timely manner.
Shift: 07:00-19:00 4 on, 4 off
Salary starting at £31,500, will increase to £36,000 following successful probation period
- Report all near misses, accidents to your line manager
- Ensure that you comply with all legal requirements, vehicle weights limits, driver’s hours when routing your vehicles
- Ensure all company fleet is effectively routed to be maintained & serviced to legal requirements
- All tanks are clean and compatible with loading products
- To be the first point of contract for the driver
- Resolve any customer/driver issues in a timely manner and deal with them in a courteous and helpful manner
- Produce daily reports for your designated account customers at the designated times throughout the day
- Attended meetings and courses when requested
- Ensure drivers are notified of any changes to their work and that start times are communicated via the system and verbally
- To ensure all completions are closed off and the systems is up to date
- Ensure that all relevant charges are correctly raised in our system and communicated to customers/business effectively
- Maximise usage of your resources to ensure that the most cost-effective operation of both vehicles and tanks
- Complete weekly KPI’s which will show how we achieve our budgets targets
- Ensure the fleet is fully manned always, with support from Operations Manager
- Understanding compiling and creating a Transport Delivery Plan.
- Sounds geographical knowledge.
- The ability to take ownership of issues & work
- Understanding of Driver WTD Hours.
- Understanding of vehicle compliance.
- History of managing supplier relationships.
- Good general proactive communicator.
- Financial awareness.
- Vehicle planning experience.
- Working in a challenging office environment.
- A good standard of formal education
- International & UK CPC holder (desirable).
WORKING AT ABBEY LOGISTICS
Abbey Logistics Group is made up of three industry-leading divisions operating at the highest level in their respective fields. Our business is based on exceptional talent and strong values and our people are the key to our success.
We have a proud record of accomplishment for identifying, attracting and developing the best talent in the logistics sector, which has enabled us to continue moving the business forward, growing with existing customers and attracting new business to the group.
The business is growing rapidly. We are now the UK’s largest bulk food powder and liquids logistics provider and have diversified into other markets as our reputation for excellent customer service, best in class operations and our pro-active can-do spirit has spread.
Joining us is an opportunity to challenge yourself and work in a competitive, exciting and highly rewarding industry.
We have created a positive environment and our people thrive on overcoming challenges and exceeding our customers’ expectations.
To apply, please send your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org