Posted on: 1st February 2024
Salary: £50,000 per annum plus benefits
Employee perks and wellbeing scheme including dental, optical, physiotherapy and health screening.
Salary sacrifice pension scheme
Reporting into the Business Planning & Analysis Manager, you will be responsible for the timely and accurate delivery of financial information for various contracts within Abbey Logistics. The role will be split between Open Book and Closed Book contracts.
- Completion of month end management accounts in a timely and accurate manner.
- Support with production of weekly KPI reporting for the business, in a timely and accurate manner.
- Monthly and weekly preparation of the customer Open Book cost statements
- Business Partner with operational managers and Open Book customers, providing quality finance support.
- Support in the annual budget process and subsequent re-forecast as required by the business & Open Book customers.
- Provide weekly and monthly variance analysis of cost and KPI’s against the budget.
- Support BP&A manager in providing commercial insight and analysis on the business results, including identifying trends.
- Ensure full and detailed reconciliations are completed monthly on all key areas of revenue and costs across your divisions.
- Continually review and challenge spend across the business maintaining and developing suitable analyses to assist operational managers with financial controls.
- Support other areas of the business in meeting the requirements of external stakeholders (e.g., auditors, funders, investors)
Job Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Works logically and systematically to solve problems, make decisions and think laterally and flexibly with the ability to manage sustainable change.
- Commercially astute, analytical with a high degree of numeracy.
- IT literate and able to leverage software and hardware platforms to advantage.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work well as part of a team, as well as forward plan.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Motivational with the ability to encourage people to work and learn together.
- Maintains a positive attitude to continued learning and growth.
- Ability to persuade and influence colleagues at all levels
- Able to work autonomously yet able to collaborate with a wider team.
- Able to build trust with customers by projecting a confident and knowledgeable attitude.
- Ability to generate new ideas to overcome problems and generate solutions.
- Methodical and organised approach to work, being able to prioritise effectively
- Ensure the company Health and Safety standards are adhered to at all times
- Previous experience in a finance and/or logistics role preferred.
- Logistics experience (highly desirable)
- Understanding of finance regulations and legislation
- Ability to work to a high level of detail and accuracy.
- Business partnering experience.
- Proactive in building relationships with senior management
- Excellent modelling & analytical skills
- Advanced Excel skills
- CIMA Qualified or qualified by experience with 3 + years in a similar role.
- Full UK Driving License.
WORKING AT ABBEY
Abbey Logistics Group is made up of three industry-leading divisions operating at the highest level in their respective fields. Our business is based on exceptional talent and strong values and our people are the key to our success.
We have a proud record of accomplishment for identifying, attracting and developing the best talent in the logistics sector, which has enabled us to continue moving the business forward, growing with existing customers and attracting new business to the group.
The business is growing rapidly. We are now the UK’s largest bulk food powder and liquids logistics provider and have diversified into other markets as our reputation for excellent customer service, best in class operations and our pro-active can-do spirit has spread.
Joining us is an opportunity to challenge yourself and work in a competitive, exciting and highly rewarding industry.
We have created a positive environment and our people thrive on overcoming challenges and exceeding our customers’ expectations.
To apply, please send your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org