Infrastructure Engineer, Golborne, Greater Manchester
Posted on: 3rd December 2021
Reporting to: Head of IT
Location: Golborne, Greater Manchester
Responsible For: Technical Support and Service Delivery
Salary: £30,000 – £35,000 depending on experience
Primary Purpose of Role:
To support the management of the company Network and Telephony estate, ensuring that technologies (VMWare vCenter, Office365, Layer 2 switches, WiFi APs, VPNs, Firewalls, VOIP) remain available, performant to SLAs/OLAs and relevant to business requirements.
This role will monitor all technologies in the suite, investigating incidents, resolving problems, and developing and applying fixes and changes. The role will deliver upgrades to technologies, implement new functionality, and seek to continuously improve the technologies to support the organisation in better ways.
The role will ensure that the technologies remain secure, protecting company data and users from cyber-attack and unauthorised loss. This role will engage with users, supporting their needs and ensuring that a high-quality customer-focused service is delivered.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- Monitor and operate company network and telephony technologies (on-premise, and SaaS), ensuring technologies meet 99.9% uptime SLA, and deliver a good user and customer experience.
- Proactively identify and resolve infrastructure issues before they impact the user/customer.
- Deliver Incident Management, diagnosing the root causes of incidents, developing work arounds and fixes, to return infrastructure and users to an operational condition.
- Deliver Problem Management, diagnosing root causes of problems, prioritising maintenance activity and developing fixes.
- Deliver Change Management, continuously seeking to improve technologies, promoting unused functionality, and working with users to develop new ways of working.
- Deliver Capacity Management, continuously monitoring the utilisation of the infrastructure and forecasting when capacity levels will be breached, recommending remedial actions to be taken.
- Routinely practice and test DR and ITSCM routines to maintain confidence in the resilience of hosted systems.
- Implement upgrades to technologies, keeping them at N or N-1 states, coordinating change activity, engaging with users, and ensuring that upgrades are understood and appropriate.
- Document all technologies, including restoration priorities, power-down routines, and installation sequencing. Maintain the accuracy of documentation to reflect changes.
- Maintain all hosted infrastructure records in a secure configuration management database with an accurate record of technology assets, by serial number, age, and lifecycle refresh point.
- Ensure the security of technologies and the IT estate, defending against cyber-arrack, preventing unauthorised access, unauthorised data exchange and data-loss.
- Maintain the highest standards of user and customer focus, ensuring that services are delivery to user/customer satisfaction and endeavour to routinely communicate with users/customers to promote, confidence that incidents and problems are being tackled.
- Ensure that technologies are routinely backed up and copies of all data and applications securely maintained.
- Proven experience with WAN and LAN switches (HPE Aruba), Wireless Access Points (Meraki), firewalls (Fortinet), Virtual Private Network (VPN), VOIP telephony and collaboration technologies.
- Excellent oral and written communications.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office 365.
Measure of Success:
- Ensure critical priority incidents are managed and resolved within 4 hours
- Ensure high priority incidents are managed and resolved within 8 hours
- Ensure medium priority incidents are managed and resolved within 5 days
- Ensure low priority incidents are managed and resolved within 10 days
- Keep customer service satisfaction levels above 90%
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Passion for technology and ability to learn rapidly.
- Strong Verbal Communication Skills
- Personal Strength, ability to work under pressure within a constantly changing environment.
- Flexibility and enthusiasm
- Strong customer ethic
- Experience and be comfortable with working to strict deadlines.
- Ability to work on own initiative and be a good team player.
- A Positive ‘can do/ will do’ attitude.
- Strong Planning and Organizational Skills
- Ability to priorities work
- A high level of concentration required, often under pressure from users.
- Attention to detail paramount.
- The ability to adjust to the changing demands at short notice and associated time management and prioritizing skills required to make this possible.
- A willingness to work occasional evenings and weekends when operational requirements dictate.
- Be prepared to work as part of a team in a busy environment.
How To Apply
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION PLEASE CALL; 03300 552 855 (option 9)
WORKING AT ABBEY
Abbey Logistics Group is made up of three industry-leading divisions operating at the highest level in their respective fields. Our business is based on exceptional talent and strong values and our people are the key to our success.
We have a proud record of accomplishment for identifying, attracting and developing the best talent in the logistics sector, which has enabled us to continue moving the business forward, growing with existing customers and attracting new business to the group.
The business is growing rapidly. We are now the UK’s largest bulk food powder and liquids logistics provider and have diversified into other markets as our reputation for excellent customer service, best in class operations and our pro-active can-do spirit has spread.
Joining us is an opportunity to challenge yourself and work in a competitive, exciting and highly rewarding industry.
We have created a positive environment and our people thrive on overcoming challenges and exceeding our customers’ expectations.