This role is responsible for carrying out the full range of Inspection, diagnosis, maintenance and repair procedures on tankers operated by Abbey Logistics Group.
To work at both VMU or at customer premises as directed by the Shift Supervisor or Workshop Manager.
Working as part of a team, individuals will be encouraged to share best practice and knowledge amongst their colleagues.
Week 1: Monday – Friday 06:00 – 15:00
Week 2: Monday – Friday 10:00 – 19:00
Week 3: Tuesday – Saturday 06:00 -15:00
Week 4: Monday – Friday 10:00 – 19:00
To adhere to all current production control processes and procedures.
· Inspection, diagnosis, maintenance and repair of tankers operated by Abbey Logistics Group for which the technician is trained, suitably experienced or qualified to work on.
· To undertake all work to a minimum of MOT standard as detailed in MOT Testers Manual/s or vehicle manufacturer publications and manuals
· Application of preventative maintenance routines.
· Continual safe use of all VMU tools, hand-tools, plant and equipment.
· To accurately use and interpret outputs from vehicle diagnostic equipment in line with manufacturer guidelines.
· Ensure standard working process and procedures are followed, and that associated documentation is fully completed as directed
· Strict compliance with relevant Legal and Workshop Policy & procedures in order to protect ALG Vehicle Operator Licences, and ensure the continual road worthiness of vehicles.
· Strict compliance with Abbey Health and Safety procedures.
· BTEC National Motor Vehicle Engineer or City & Guilds MVCS Parts 1 and 2 or NVQ Levels 1,2,3 IMI Technical Certificate (or equivalent older C&G qualifications)
· Qualifications achieved through the Armed Forces considered subject to advice.
· Full UK driving licence is essential.
** By submitting your application form, if you are subsequently offered employment with ALG, you are giving your permission for ALG to submit your basic details to a third party, specifically AXA, for your new starter health questionnaire.