Posted on: 9th August 2023
To support both operation and fleet compliance/driver management. With the main focus on ensuring that all fleet compliance is fulfilled, ongoing support for FORS audits, Tarmac standards achieved and operational support to the Transport Supervisor on the customer contract.
Shift: 08:00 – 17:00 Monday Friday
Location: Tarmac, Dunbar
Some Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure operation is legal, safe and compliant
- Ensure that ALL drivers download their Digi cards in line with the EU directive and company policy.
- Ensure that ALL vehicles have their tacho head download in line with the EU directive and company policy
- Assist Transport Supervisor with driver liaison and management
- Key point of contact for the maintenance providers. Develop current relationships, help seek alternative partners in Scotland
- Support the planning function with presenting equipment for PMI, MOT and defect rectification.
- Ensure that all equipment is maintained to a road worthy standard in line with EU and UK regulations and update the systems.
- Effective management and control of defects from point of been raised to closure, both system and vehicle files updated.
- Generate infringement reports and support with updating the tachograph system and driver files.
- Ensure all company fleet is effectively routed to be maintained & serviced to legal requirements
- All tanks are clean and compatible with loading products records are up to date
- Update the notice boards with WTD and driver performance league tables to drive productivity.
- Ensure any compliance concerns are escalated to your line manager / GM for resolution.
Effective and Efficient
- To ensure all tachograph, defect, service, MOT and compliance paper work is up to date and closed off on the systems / files.
- Ensure the equipment is planned in for maintenance to have as minimal impact on the operation from a cost perspective
- Maximise usage of your resources to ensure that the most cost-effective operation of both vehicles and tankers
- Complete weekly KPI’s which will show how complaint the operation is and identify challenges
- Ensure the fleet is fully maintained in line with the O Licence requirements, escalate any concerns to the Transport Manager
- Collation of driver wage documentation for payroll
- Ensuring POD capture ensure all drivers using app/POD’s are filed
- Looking after current day plan prior to Transport Supervisor start time
Qualifications & Experience
- Experience of Microsoft Office
- International CPC essential
WORKING AT ABBEY LOGISTICS
Abbey Logistics Group is made up of three industry-leading divisions operating at the highest level in their respective fields. Our business is based on exceptional talent and strong values and our people are the key to our success.
We have a proud record of accomplishment for identifying, attracting and developing the best talent in the logistics sector, which has enabled us to continue moving the business forward, growing with existing customers and attracting new business to the group.
The business is growing rapidly. We are now the UK’s largest bulk food powder and liquids logistics provider and have diversified into other markets as our reputation for excellent customer service, best in class operations and our pro-active can-do spirit has spread.
Joining us is an opportunity to challenge yourself and work in a competitive, exciting and highly rewarding industry.
We have created a positive environment and our people thrive on overcoming challenges and exceeding our customers’ expectations.
To apply, please send your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com